Blogger

My photo
“People have said there is an integrity about me, and I think there is. I don't try to follow a trend. I have my own little path.” - Sarah Brightman

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Anger is Your Weakness (Heaven & Hell)

A FAMOUS soldier came to the master Hakuin and asked: "Master,
tell me: is there really a heaven and a hell?"

"Who are you?" asked Hakuin.

"I am a soldier of the great Emperor's personal guard."

"Nonsense!" said Hakuin. "What kind of emperor would have you
around him? To me you look like a beggar!" At this, the soldier
started to rattle his big sword in anger. "Oho!" said Hakuin. "So
you have a sword! I'll wager it's much too dull to cut my head
off!"

At this the soldier could not hold himself back. He drew his sword
and threatened the master, who said: "Now you know half the
answer! You are opening the gates of hell!"

The soldier drew back, sheathed his sword, and bowed. "Now you
know the other half," said the master. "You have opencd the gates
of heaven."




[Art of Pixels]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please respect this and DO NOT SPAM my comment section below. Thank you!