Blogger

My photo
“People have said there is an integrity about me, and I think there is. I don't try to follow a trend. I have my own little path.” - Sarah Brightman

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Looks & Personality

The bad habit of caring endless about looks. This is what someone requested me to write about and I believe it's a very important issue. To judge from experience people today care more about how people look rather than caring about what kind of person a person is and that is a shame. But if you ask me I believe it's pretty normal, it's human even though it's wrong. There is a quote that goes like this: "It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart." - Anonymous and I so agree with it, because what the eye sees is what the brain judges. The awesome thing is though, that once you have started to know a person whom appearance you don't like, you start to ignore that and see the person as a whole.


I am speaking from experience and I have learned a thing or two from it. Now I don't judge people from their looks, simply I get to know the person first and see for myself if the person is respectable or not. 


Another issue about looks is the media. Especially the fashion industry. Although I don't know much about it, there is one thing that I do know and that is telling people how to look perfect. First of all, there is no such thing as perfect and second you decide what's perfect, but you only decide for yourself and not for anyone else. What I'm trying to say is that there is only individual perfection, meaning what's perfect for you. If a shoe is perfect for you might now be for someone else, there for you can never judge someone by their looks, because what they look like might be perfect for them.


The main point is that, I'm not asking of you to change yourself, but I am asking of you to at least try not to judge by the looks of people. Behind every face is a fantastic personality. So go out and start knowing new people and turn off your god damn computer once in a while.



[Art of Pixels]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please respect this and DO NOT SPAM my comment section below. Thank you!